Meet the chocolate lover's dream: Brown Butter Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe made by our friend Nicole, @windycitydinnerfairy! These cookies are chewy, chocolatey and SO flavorful! A decadent treat for any chocolate lover!
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbps. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups SoChatti Chocolate chunks
- ½ cup Heath Bars, chopped
Brown Butter Instructions
- Cut butter into pieces and place in sauce pan over low heat. As butter melts, stir constantly as it begins to foam and sizzle. After 5-7 minutes, the butter will turn golden and then the milk solids will brown, and you'll smell an intense nutty flavor.
- Once you see it turn brown, immediately turn off the heat and pour butter into a heat-safe dish.
- Set in the fridge until solid.
- Sift dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, cream brown butter and sugars together. Add both eggs and vanilla and mix to incorporate. Add dry ingredients to the bowl, and mix to incorporate. Add the chopped Heath bar and SoChatti Chocolate chunks and stir to combine.
- Let dough chill for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Once ready to bake, preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using an ice cream scoop with release, scoop out cookie dough and place cookie scoop on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes.