Try something new for dinner tonight with our Roasted Vegetables with Polenta and SoChatti Honduras-Chipotle Glaze. Developed by local chef, Claire Rutledge, it is the perfect entrée for two!
- 1 packet of Honduras chocolate
- 1 small canned chipotle (add half for less spice)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 white mushrooms quartered
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
Polenta 1 tube sliced into 1” rounds
Olive oil for roasting
- Preheat oven to 400
- Add glaze ingredients to blender except for salt and pepper, blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay vegetables in single layer on sheet pan and add oil, just enough to keep from sticking.
- Put in oven for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through with some color.
- Take vegetables out of oven and toss in glaze. Place back in oven for 5 minutes or until the vegetables start to darken.
- Polenta slices can be added to vegetables during cooking for a one pan meal, or shallow fried in a pan with olive oil for extra crunch.
- Plate polenta and top with vegetables, add garnishes such as parsley or a sharp cheese like feta or goat.