This savory SoChatti dish will be a great addition to any cold day or your Thanksgiving table!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 to 4 ounces SoChatti chocolate
- freshly ground black pepper
- Optional – mozzarella cheese, avocado slices, and naan or pita bread
Step 1. Add the olive oil to a large saucepan. Then sauté the chopped onions until translucent over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, spices, and sugar, sauté for an additional minute.
Step 2. Add the stock and tomato puree to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring occasionally.
Step 3. Remove from the heat. Using an immersion blender or your countertop blender puree the soup until smooth.
Step 4. Stir in the SoChatti and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 5. Serve warm with avocado slices, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite bread.