This coconut and chocolate cookie will become a family favorite!
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 bag of sweetened shredded coconut (14 ounces)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces SoChatti chocolate
- Optional 2 ounces SoChatti chocolate for drizzling over finished macaroons
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
Step 2. In a bowl place, the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and kosher salt. With a stand mixer or hand held mixer whisk the mixture until it is foamy and light. Add the SoChatti Chocolate and cocoa powder and whisk until well combined.
Step 3. Add the coconut to the mixing bowl and gently stir to combine. Then scoop or spoon about a tablespoon of the cookie mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, allow them to cool completely on the cookie sheet.
Step 4. Enjoy the macaroon right away or drizzle with more SoChatti! Keep the cookies in an airtight container for best results.